West Calhoun Neighborhood Council
January 10th, 2017
Meeting was called to order at 6:06
Welcome by Co-Chair Richard. Richard welcomed residents Sandra, Tim and Peter as they are interested in sitting on the Board.
There is not a quorum for the Board to hold any votes tonight.
New Website Presentation
- Justin from the DOJO group was present to walk the Board through the new updated website. We took down comments on the site and will update site and train Allan and staff before it goes live.
Park Board Update
- Meg was present to give a PB update.
- Master Plan is done every 20 yrs and the PB will be voting the Master Plan draft in April. There is still time to give comments. Public comment period started Jan. 18th for 45 days.
- There will be public art at the south end of Calhoun – budget $250,000.
- Trails will be realigned at the NE corner of Lake Calhoun.
- Staff will set up a meeting with Meg to discuss the WCNC plans for the Green Space.
- Staff is looking to connect with Shane Morton from traffic to discuss the traffic calming that is needed at Lk street.
- The city is trying to reduce the signage = sign clutter.
- WCNC will have total sign replacement in 2018
- New Facebook page was created
- Would like Board to consider partnerships with the Bakken.
Meeting adjourned at 7:30