West Calhoun Neighborhood Council
Minutes of the Monthly Meeting of the Neighborhood Organization
September 13, 2016
Location of Meeting: The Bakken Muesum
The regular meeting of the Neighborhood Organization of West Calhoun Neighborhood Council was called to order at 6:03 PM on Sept. 13th 2016 at The Bakken Museum by Allan Campbell.
Approval of Agenda
The agenda for the meeting was distributed and unanimously approved.
- There was a motion made and seconded to approve sending out an oversized postcard to help promote the Community Meeting. This motion was approved with a unanimous voice vote.
- Community notice goes out Sept. 20th.
- NRP – remove the word “considered.”
- There was a motion made and seconded to accept the NPP with edits. This motion was approved with a unanimous voice vote.
- There was a motion made and seconded to look into a third party accounting firm to help with the Treasurer duties and accounting. The Board authorized staff to set up a meeting with the Mobius Group for further discussion.
- The newsletter will go out at the end of October
- Astronomy Night was a success. Residents were able to see Saturn and the moon. There was also a Juno mission to Jupiter presentation. The Board will have a discussion at the November retreat to talk about which events to continue.
- Richard will attend that CIDNA meeting to discuss out Phase II plan.
- The safety observations will continue.
- The MN Safety Council is partnering with the Safety Committee
- The number of pan handlers is increasing in the neighborhood. W32nd and excelsior – Staff will be looking into the possibility of getting traffic to strip the lanes with turn arrows – as you come up from the lake it is a one way and there is confusion about which lane to be in to turn safely.
Agenda and Time of Next Meeting
The next meeting will be held at 6:00 AM on October 11th , 2016 at Bakken Museum
The meeting was adjourned at 7:31 PM by Allan Campbell
Minutes submitted by: Krsitina Erazmus
Minutes approved by: WCNC Board